Yadong Li, Ph.D., P.E.
Office: ENB 148
- Ph.D. Tsinghua University ( China ) and University of Tokyo ( Japan ), Joint Graduate Program in Environmental Engineering, 1987-1992
- M.S. Tsinghua University ( China ), Environmental Engineering, 1985-1987
- B.S. Tsinghua University ( China ), Environmental Engineering, 1980-1985
Solid waste & hazardous waste: environmental impact assessment; risk assessment of hazardous contaminants , conversion of municipal solid waste into fuel and new products; use of biomass waste materials as renewable energy resource; electronic waste environmental hazards and treatment , remediation of contaminated sites, research and design of sanitary and secure landfills; utilization of coal combustion byproducts; stabilization/solidification of hazardous waste.
- Groundwater pollution: Detection, modeling, and experimental simulation of transport and transformation of contaminants in subsurface
- Environmental chemistry: Chemical behavior of radionuclides and heavy metals in surface and ground waters
- Biological treatment: composting and anaerobic digestion of biowastes; domestic wastewater irrigation.
- Engineering Economics: Economic analysis of engineering projects/facilities.