Workshops, Courses, and Certification
Individuals can complete this challenging process to receive recognition as a highly capable, well-qualified Distance Learning Designer or Instructor. The designation of Certified Distance Learning Instructor (CDLI) is an internal recognition of achievement and competence.
Our Certificate in Distance Learning consists of 10 courses with five or more courses offered each semester. It is recommended that faculty take the courses as listed below. Individuals can receive credit for any experience they have teaching or designing a Distance Learning course.
- Certified Distance Learning Instructor (CDLI) For Instructors
- Certified Distance Learning Designer (CDLD) For Designers (Non-Teaching)
Successful completion of nine (9) of the courses listed below. Experience and evidence of designing and/or teaching an online course. Faculty and instructors must complete the required courses before teaching an online course. (*Note: The required trainings should be completed in order, DL 501, DL 502, and DL 503).
Level I – Beginners – **Required for teaching a distance learning course.**
- DL 501 – Introduction to Blackboard
- DL 502 – Designing and Creating Courses in Blackboard
- DL 503 – Teaching with Blackboard
Level II – Experienced
- DL 601 – Improving Your Blackboard Design
- DL 602 – Creating Quizzes, Surveys & Assessments in Blackboard
- DL 604 – Using Power Point in Blackboard
Level III – Advanced
- DL 701 – Using Multimedia in Blackboard
- DL 702 – Mastering Blackboard’s Grade Center
- DL 703 – Using Blogs, Wikis, and Journals in Blackboard
- DL 704 – Using Audio/Video in Blackboard
Distance Learning Instructional Technology Trainings
Additional training sessions are forthcoming. If there is a technology in which you want to explore, call 979-0779.
- BOL 101 – Build an Online Newspaper
- ICC 101 – Introduction to Cloud Computing
- EW20T – Embedding Web 2.0 Tools in Blackboard
- GDI 101 – Introduction to Google Docs
- GDD 101 – Google Documents
- GDS 101 – Google Spreadsheets
- GDP 101 – Google Presentations
- GDF 101 – Google Forms
Registration for all workshops is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and space is limited. Complete Online Registration here.
*Please note that faculty and instructors must complete the required workshops before teaching an online course.