The Department of Entrepreneurship and Professional Development educates, encourages, and supports students who desire to operate new business ventures. The department supports both the mission of Jackson State University and the College of Business. We:
- Provide students with the necessary tools for careers in entrepreneurship.
- Provide information, ideas, concepts and skills to students and area enterprises.
- Focus on developing entrepreneurial and professional competencies that broaden research and analytical ability.
- Respond to the nation’s demands for an increased entrepreneurial workforce.
- Increase opportunities for students to achieve personal and professional objectives as they earn a degree in entrepreneurship.