Students applying for admission to the EPhD Program must first obtain general admission to the Graduate Division; however, this admission does not mean automatic admission to the Program. Applications are accepted year round for admissions each Fall. Admission to the EPhD Program will be guided by the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university
- A completed online EPhD program application
- Transcripts for all post-secondary work
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT, GRE or MAT
- References should come from three (3) professional persons who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional academic ability, job experiences, leadership potential and availability to participate in the program. A reference from the President or Chief Executive Officer will strengthen the application. Persons submitting references will need the applicant’s Jnumber, and submit the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the source (reference person). Provide this link to your references http://www.jsums.edu/ephd/files/2013/02/ref_form.pdf
- Acceptable evidence of ability as determined by an on-site writing sample, completed under the supervision of a screening committee member.
- A clear statement of purpose and proposed research.
- A successful interview with the program screening committee
- Recommendation for admission by the screening committee
Note: Students accepted in this program must be able to transfer a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours from previous graduate work to complement the core area. Approval is required by the program faculty before being admitted formally to the program. Admission will be limited to a diverse cohort of 15-25 participants from higher education faculty, mid/entry level executive personnel in higher education and other human service related sectors.
Cost (subject to change)
Tuition and participatory fees for in-state students are $39,948 for the two (2) year program ($6,658 per semester).
Tuition and participatory fees for out-of-state students are $66,012 for the two (2) year program ($11,002 per semester).
(Tuition levels are subject to increase annually).
Fees include: tuition, lodging, books, information materials, shuttle service from hotel to class site, parking, site visits, meals, and other related monthly fees associated with class periods from Thursday through Saturday, (and when classes are required on Sunday). Travel costs to and from Jackson are assumed by the student. All students are required to reside in the selected housing facility during the entire period for all on-site class modules Thursday through Saturday.
Students who wish to apply for financial aid must be admitted to the Division of Graduate Studies as degree seeking students. Students admitted to the EPhD program are then eligible to apply for the Stafford Loan. The priority deadline for Financial Aid is April 15 (refer to The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The code for Jackson State University is 002410.