Illiad Kelly, Director
The Office of Grants and Contracts is responsible for financial administration of all external grants and contracts. Specific responsibilities include, but not inclusive of:
- Serving as contact point with agencies for fiscal matters;
- Assisting Principal Investigators/Program Directors in fiscal post-award administration;
- Ensuring consistent application and compliance of institutional policies and procedures and federal regulations related to fiscal matters;
- Establishing accounts for programs after fiscal review of award documentation;
- Informing Principal Investigators/Program Directors of program expenditures and encumbrances;
- Billing expenditures and timely submission of fiscal reports;
- Ensuring that all documented cost-sharing is verified, maintained, and properly reported to the sponsoring agency;
- Confirm, validate, and recover all indirect costs; and
- Proper closeout and reconciliation of institutional accounts to ensure compliance.
Circulars for Grants and Contracts:
OBM Circular A-21 – Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
OMB Circular A-110 – Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-profit Organizations
OBM Circular A-133 – Audits of Institutions of Higher Education and Other Non-profit Institutions
Information on the Uniform Guidance Requirements is coming.