JSU Global International Student and Scholar Services unit is responsible for processing the Form I-20. Students applying for the F-1 student visa need the I-20 Form. JSU Global ISSS will process an I-20 only for students who have been officially admitted to the university and will begin the I-20 process only AFTER the student has been admitted. WE DO NOT ISSUE I-20 FOR STUDENTS CONDITIONALLY ADMITTED. Students with pending applications will be referred to the academic department or to the Office of Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions. Once you have been admitted to Jackson State University, please submit the following documentation to JSU Global office in order to receive your Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F1) Student):
- Completed REQUEST FOR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITYForm
- Copy of Official Admission Letter (Emails not accepted)
- Copy of Biographical Page of Your Passport
Proof of Financial Support—All supporting financial documents must be in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation showing available funds. The financial documents cannot be older than three months at the time of submission to Jackson State University in order to be considered valid. Appropriate documents reflecting financial ability include, but are not limited to, the following: Click Criteria for more information.
Bank Letter, stamped and signed by a bank official, letter should specify the date, monetary currency, and name of the account holder.
- Jackson State University scholarship or graduate award letter.
- Signed letter from the U.S. Government, Home Government, International Organization, Company, or Employer on government or organizational letterhead specifying dates, amount, monetary currency, and terms of sponsorship.
- Individual sponsor, not a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or non-immigrant legally present in the U.S., must sign the Notarized Affidavit of Support Form and attach supporting financial documents.
- Individual sponsor, a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or non-immigrant legally present in the U.S., must submit a completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form with supporting financial documents. Please Note: Do not submit a copy of your last income tax return.
- Foreign Address and Phone Number (address in your home country)
- Immunization records
- Transfer-In Form JSU Global (only if you are a transfer student from another U.S. university, include your VISA and current I-20 from you current school along with the Transfer-In Form)
JSU Global cannot issue and I-20 form until all of the above requirements are met. Please mail, email or fax the above requirements for the I-20 form to:
1400 John R. Lynch
P.O. Box 17103
Jackson, MS 39217