Students may be granted special admission to earn certification, update professional skills, earn transfer credit, or attend a workshop.
Submit the following admission credentials to the Graduate School
- An application for non-degree admission to Graduate School - Click here to apply
- Non-Degree Enrollment Form, in consultation with the chair of the department offering course(s).
- Transcript(s) direct from accredited universities/college(s) to Graduate Admissions. Applicants must possess a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 (undergraduate degree) or a graduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- International applicants must submit satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee (money orders only).
- Students in Non-Degree status may not enroll in more than six (6) hours per semester
- Not more than twelve (12) hours may be taken while in Non-Degree status
- Approval for Non-Degree status does not guarantee subsequent admission to a degree conferring program
- Non-Degree students who may wish to continue at a later date must earn a 3.00 average for any graduate courses completed as a special student
- Non-Degree students who wish to earn a degree at a later date must meet all regular admission criteria and earn a GPA of 3.00 for any course completed in non-degree status
- Credit earned in Non-Degree status is treated as transfer credit (maximum of 12 hours)
- After the appropriate credentials are on file with the Division of Graduate Studies, the Graduate Dean will authorize admission as a Non-Degree Student.
- The student should meet with the department chair or designee offering the desired course(s) for advising and course selection.
- Approval for these courses is obtained by the student with the signature of the appropriate department chair.
- The student is enrolled into the selected courses by the departmental chair.
- Students in Non-Degree Status are admitted for only one (1) semester. To enroll in a subsequent semester, the student must re-apply
- After enrollment in courses, registration is completed by payment of fees and tuition.
General Application Deadlines
- Fall – March 1
- Summer – March 15
- Spring – October 15
“Important Dates” for information on Registration dates.
Graduate registration for Non-Degree students is held 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Our office is on the First Floor of the H. P. Jacobs Administration Tower.