New Student Application | Returning Student Application
New students interested in on-campus housing must request a housing application. A $75.00 non-refundable processing fee is required before the application may be processed. Only students who have been officially admitted to the University may be assigned a room.
Housing Applications are available on the website or you may you obtain an application via the Internet or you may call 601-979-2326 to request an application.
The assignment process begins April 15, for summer and fall housing, and November 15, for the Spring Semester. Housing assignments are made without regard to race, color, creed, sexual orientation, religon or national origin.
Room assignments for new students will be mailed out for the fall semester beginning June 1.
*Please be advised, that returning students sign up for housing at an announced time during the Spring Semester for the next academic school year. Flyers will be sent to each residence hall regarding room assignment period and are placed throughout campus.
We make every attempt to honor roommate requests. If you have a person in mind for your roommate, be sure to list that person’s name on the housing application along with their J-number (this number is assigned by Jackson State University).
Keep in contact with the person whom you have chosen as your roommate. Encourage that person to submit all necessary applications and forms for admittance to the University and for housing. If possible, submit your housing applications at the same time and make sure each of you put the other person's name on your housing application.
Here are some reasons for not getting the roommate you desire:
- The person you requested is admitted to the University later than you are.
- The person you requested does not submit the processing fee with their housing application.
- You did not list the person’s name on the housing application at the time it was submitted.
- You changed your mind about whom you would like as a roommate.
- The person you selected has a different academic classification.
- After the semester begins, dates are scheduled to address room changes and roommate concerns.After the semester begins, dates are publicized.