Newly Admitted Students
Once you have been admitted to Jackson State University you will need to complete several post admission tasks to make sure your transition into the U.S is smooth.
- Find housing. Jackson State University has several on campus housing options. You may visit the website to research on housing options and contact key personnel.
- Visit and check-in with International Programs as soon as you arrive. This check-in is mandatory.
- Make sure you have copies of all important documents as well as safe storage for these.
- Register for courses! Students can access various services for the JSU website after they complete registration. For new students, using your Student ID Number (“J” number) and general pin number (obtained from ID Center), you can access your transcript, class schedules, financial aid, and personal information on JSU P.A.W.S.
- Get your JSU ID. Report to the I.D. Station located in the I.D. Center Building behind the Reddix Hall. ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A VALID I.D.
New International Student Orientation
All new international students must attend international student orientation. This orientation session will introduce you to various aspects of campus life as well as issues specific to international students such as immigration, health insurance , and cultural and academic adjustment. Orientation is held every at the beginning of every semester. Contact the Office of International Programs for upcoming dates.