International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) welcomes students and scholars from around the world. The mission of ISSS is to provide international students and scholars with the services they require from application to completion of studies and training. Please choose from the options below for the services you require. If you do not find the right fit below, please contact us.
International students interested in Jackson State University should click here
Congratulations on Choosing Jackson State!
Newly admitted students should click here to obtain information about obtaining an I-20, arrival information, orientation, campus and community information and more.
Current F-1 students enrolled at Jackson State University may visit this section to find out more about maintaining your status under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Department of State rules and regulations including studies, travel, employment, training, and more.
J-1 Students and Scholars
Current J-1 students and scholars should click here for more information on immigration advising and orientation to individuals in J-1 status, as well as programs and activities for these scholars and their dependents.
Departments requesting DS2019s should click here for the required information and forms.
Tel: 601/979-3794 or 601/979-1146
1400 J. R. Lynch St., Box 17103
Jackson, Mississippi 39217-0103 USA
Jackson State University® is accredited by the Commission on College of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Bachelor’s, Master’s, Specialist Degrees, and Doctoral Degrees. JSU has five academic colleges: College of Business, College of Education and Human Development, College of Liberal Arts, College of Science, Engineering and Technology and College of Public Service. JSU offers more than 90 bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs through the five Colleges. The University has various student clubs, student associations, and athletic teams to fully immerse students in enriching academic and social atmosphere.
To learn more about the different programs at Jackson State University, please click here.
For more information on Undergraduate Admissions, please click here.
For more information on Graduate Admissions, please click here.
For more information on English as a Second Language, please click here.
Admissions Website http://www.jsums.edu/admissions/
Keep the login and password
- American College Test Score (ACT) of not less than 18 or combined Scholastic Aptitude Test Score (SAT) of not less than 880. Applicants completing secondary school education outside of the United States with a GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) will be fully admitted to Jackson State University as a degree seeking student. These students must take the ACT at JSU upon arrival. There is no minimum score for these students; however, a 25 ACT (verbal and math) or 1130 SAT (reading and math) or higher will qualify students for out-of-state tuition fee waiver.
- Proof of English Proficiency:
PTE-A 53 (Pearson’s Test of English – Academic)
ACT English portion with a score of 19
SAT Critical Reading portion with a score of 480
(Applicants who have not achieved English proficiency may apply to JSU’s English as a Second Language Institute)
- Official and original academic transcripts (grades/marks) issued by the institution attended for each year of secondary school. These transcripts are to be sent directly to Jackson State University® by the institution attended. A word-for-word English translation by a certified translator is required for all documents not issued in English.
- Official examination results for secondary school completion should be sent directly to JSU from the examining agency.
- Clear copies of all graduation / completion certificates and diplomas.
- Copy of the picture/name page of your passport.
- Proof of immunization of measles, mumps, and rubella is required (two doses of the MMR vaccine) of all students, unless exempt because of (a) actual or suspected pregnancy (measles or rubella vaccines are not required for females who are pregnant; if pregnancy is suspected, a valid certificate of medical exception from a health provider is required until pregnancy is resolved), (b) medical contraindication, or (c) birth prior to 1957. Tuberculosis-Proof of test screening for tuberculosis by chest x-ray is required for all international students. Hepatitis-Proof of hepatitis B vaccination is required for students who are involved in health education programs that cause them to be potentially exposed to blood or other bodily fluids.
All official credentials, documentation and test scores must be sent directly to Undergraduate Admissions. Please DO NOT send this documentation to ISSS as this will delay your application.
Jackson State University
1400 J.R. Lynch Street, Box 17330
Jackson, MS 39217
Upon admission you should contact ISSS to request an I-20.