|Jackson State is your Gateway to the World!|
The Study Abroad office works in partnership with the various colleges within the University to offer comprehensive programs for studying abroad, exchanges and internships. Our list of destinations is always growing. If we do not currently have a program that meets your interests, come see us so we can talk about a customized program that will enhance your academic experience at Jackson State University. We offer a variety of formats including internships, faculty led programs, and exchange programs. The programs vary in length ranging from short term (intersession) to semester-long programs (Fall, Spring, Summer). Below is a list of destinations:
- US Virgin Islands with Professor Lomarsh Loopnarine – Tentative date 4 May-22 May. Details TBA
- South Africa with Professor Rico Chapman – Summer 2015. Details TBA
JSU APPROVED PROGRAMS
- Costa Rica- Instituto de Cultura y Lengua Costarricense (ICLC)
- Nicaragua- Bluefield Indian and Caribbean University (BICU)
- Council on International and Educational Exchange (CIEE). Over 30 programs to Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Europe and Latin America. CIEE offers "nearly 200 study abroad programs in more than 60 cities and 40 countries." You may view a complete list of CIEE programs here.
SIT Study Abroad programs examine critical global issues in a specific cultural and geographical context. Studying with host country faculty and living with families, students gain a deep appreciation for local cultures, develop language skills, and become immersed in diverse topics ranging from the politics of identity to post-conflict transformation, from global health to environmental policy.
Academic Programs International, API, is an educational organization dedicated to providing challenging and enriching study abroad programs for our students. The experience of living, interacting and learning in an international environment presents invaluable opportunities for each student's academic and personal development.
The Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) was founded in 1997 on the belief that study abroad should go beyond liberal arts education and cultural exchange to include discipline-specific studies and professional development.
For over 30 years, USAC has provided university students with affordable, valuable study abroad programs and contributed to the internationalization of universities in the US and abroad; we currently have 43 program locations in 25 countries with many locations unique for study abroad.