The Department of Mass Communications seeks to educate and train students who can lead communications industries by providing a strong foundation in the First Amendment, written and oral communications skills, critical thinking, theory, research, and numerical and statistical concepts. The Department will teach students to write with accuracy, clarity, truth, fairness and creativity in the appropriate forms and styles. The Department will ensure that students acquire hands-on experience to equip them to meet the technological, ethical and cultural challenges of a diverse society.
- COFO Director, Daphne Chamberlain, discusses the Center’s mission and other collaborations on WLEZ’s JSU Connections, June 11.
- Jackson State mass comm students win big at 2013 Associated Press Awards competition
- JSU Mass Comm Day attendees urged to write, post, tweet
- JSU mass comm grad student Tatum being inducted into Phi Kappa Phi honor society
- Fridge attends Poynter Institute Multidimensional Journalist seminar