Recreation Services Mission Statement
The Walter Payton Recreation and Wellness Center at Jackson State University® mission is to promote healthy lifestyles, positive social interaction, and leadership development for students, faculty, staff, and community alike. In offering holistic wellness services, comprehensive recreation programs, and vast learning opportunities within the state-of-the-art recreation facilities of the Walter Payton Center, we support the University’s mission and values.
Our Core Values…
1. We will commit to demonstrating the highest level of professionalism and customer service to support & strengthen the University’s mission.
2. We will foster teamwork, respect of individual rights, and sportsmanship through various recreational, intramural, fitness, club sports, and educational programs.
3. We will value sustaining positive relationships in support of building university awareness, development, participation, and responsibility within the affiliate.
4. We will comply with NIRSA Code of Ethics.
5. We will honor the tradition started in Historical Black Colleges & Universities which supports excellence and leadership through collegiate recreation in support of developing the mind & body alike.
6. We will create an environment that embraces and enriches individual differences by providing programs, services, and staff reflecting the diversity of the University.
We will have FUN with our internal & external customer’s every day!
Live Well…Play Hard!
It’s our statement of action. The Walter Payton Recreation and Wellness Center will strive to provide you with exemplary services, facilities, & programs which motivate you to live well by playing hard!
Community Membership Fees
__ Community: $25.00
__ State Employee: $20.00
__ Civic Services: $20.00
__ Family (4 family members): $65.00
__ Lockers (per month): $5.00
__ Tiger Zone (per month): $20.00
*All Full-Time JSU students have active memberships at the Walter Payton Recreation & Wellness Center.