About the College of Public Service
Dr. Mario Azevedo
College of Public Service
The College of Public Service is a global multidisciplinary learning environment that stresses excellence in teaching, research and service in partnership with urban and rural communities in the State, the nation, and the world.
The College of Public Service educates students from diverse backgrounds for professional service and develops local, national, and international leaders in the academic disciplines of Health Sciences, Policy and Planning, and Social Work.
The College provides undergraduate and graduate education to students and develops intellectual leaders who identify, conceptualize, and disseminate knowledge in their professions.
- Provide undergraduate and graduate education that promotes the development of professional practitioners and innovative researchers prepared to advance their respective disciplines.
- Enhance the infrastructure of the College (including space, external funding, human resources, technology, and equipment).
- Attain and maintain national accreditation for units with specialty accreditation.
- Implement an enhanced research agenda for faculty.
- Enhance partnerships and collaboration with communities.