About the Program
The University Scholars program nurtures and encourages the research productivity of junior faculty members by supporting research leading to peer-reviewed publication and supplementing that grant with workshops designed to help them to develop, implement and fund their research agendas.
- participate in a series of spring semester workshops focused on launching their research agendas;
- conduct their research during the summer months with access to an external research mentor;
- synthesize their work in a working paper;present their research at the University Scholars Symposium; and
- commit to submitting their work for peer-reviewed publication within the year.
- Summer salary of $10,000 for the principal investigator. (A second investigator may be included and will receive a summer salary. However, the workload in the project must justify the need for a second investigator. The Center will privilege interdisciplinary pairings among such proposals.)
- Summer research assistantship for a student enrolled full-time in a JSU graduate program during the study period.
- Supplies and equipment deemed necessary for this project up to $1,000.
Participants are selected via a competitive grant process with external review. For details about he University Scholars Program including eligibility, requirements and restrictions, read the request for proposals (html format | .pdf format). The application deadline is September 21, 2012.
» Apply Now!