The Center for University Scholars will not request applications for the University Scholars Program during the 2014-2015 academic year.
About the Program
The University Scholars program nurtures and encourages the research productivity of junior faculty members by supporting research leading to peer-reviewed publication and supplementing that grant with workshops designed to help them to develop, implement and fund their research agendas.
* Participate in a series of spring semester workshops focused on launching their research agendas;
* Conduct their research during the summer months with access to an external research mentor;
* Synthesize their work in a working paper;present their research at the University Scholars Symposium; and
* Commit to submitting their work for peer-reviewed publication within the year.
* Summer salary of $10,000 for the principal investigator. (A second investigator may be included and will receive a summer salary. However, the workload in the project must justify the need for a second investigator. The Center will privilege interdisciplinary pairings among such proposals.)
* Summer research assistantship for a student enrolled full-time in a JSU graduate program during the study period.
* Supplies and equipment deemed necessary for this project up to $1,000.