Jackson State University's Judicial Services strives to operate as an integral part of contributing to Jackson State University’s motto, “Challenging Minds, Changing Lives,” by upholding University standards of student conduct and academic integrity through an objective process.
“ONE JSU” Contribution
Judicial Services fulfills its mission by supporting the University’s mission of producing “technologically-advanced, diverse, ethical, global leaders who think critically, address societal problems and compete effectively,” through the implementation of educational sanctioning, which requires the use of technology, fosters self-reflection, promotes civility, and encourages personal responsibility.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of due process.
- Enhance the principles of student rights and responsibilities through ongoing outreach, continual
- education, and thorough case management.
- Strive to ensure a safe and healthy campus community.
- Strengthen student decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Advance the development of student ethical values.
- Provide significant contributions to the JSU technologically-infused intellectual community
LAQUALA M. COLEMAN, M. Ed., Associate Dean of Students
Student Center 3rd Floor Office 3200
1400 JR Lynch Street
PO Box 18090
Jackson, MS 39217
Phone: (601) 979-2329
Fax: (601) 979-2327
2014-2015 Judicial Services Team
Graduate Assistant: Amanda Smith
Chief Justice: Chelsey Turner
Associate Chief Justice: Charance Wright
Student Justices: Chuks Agusiegbe Jr., Ariana J. Smith, Bennie Walker
Student Conduct Peer Mentor: Jade King
Judicial Services Process Flowchart
Student’s Right To Know
Title IX Coordinator:
Thomas Hudson, EEO/AA and Chief Diversity Officer