The goal of the PREM Program is to expose high school juniors and seniors to a variety of topic in materials research: to engage students in meaningful scientific research; to increase students entering STEM field.
The program will consist of:
- 8-week research project in materials science
- 6-week Mathematics/Chemistry Enhancement Course
- Oral presentation of research findings
- Written research report
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Short courses: nanomaterials science; laboratory safety, oral presentation skills; college life
- Interaction with other students and scientist
Stipends: Students completing the 8-week program will receive $1000 as stipend. In addition, students will receive meal ticket for lunch during the program.
Contact: Emma Simpson (601) 979-3453
Date: June 10 – August 2, 2013