Remember our motto: “The Department of Industrial Systems and Technology produces graduates that are responsible leaders who seek solutions to solve tomorrow’s complex problems”
Welcome to the Home Page for the Department of Industrial Systems and Technology in the College of Science, Engineering & Technology at Jackson State University. The fact that you have reached our site indicates that you are interested in, or at least curious about our department and programs or maybe the profession of Industrial Technology in general. I hope that our site provides you with information that strengthens your interest and satisfies your curiosity.
Industrial Technology undoubtedly is one of the largest contributors to the tremendous technological advances that we have witnessed during the past few decades. If you are a potential student looking for a career in Industrial Technology check out our programs which offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in the following areas:
Electronics Systems Technology
Manufacturing & Design Technology
Emergency Management Technology*New*
You are invited to have a closer look at these programs.
Here, at Jackson State University, our department continues to provide students with an excellent education. We stress an understanding of the fundamentals and hands-on activities, including scientific principles, rigorous analysis and creative design. We also provide our students with a broad educational base to prepare them for productive careers and to foster in them a commitment to lifelong learning. Furthermore, we encourage the development of clear communication skills and provide opportunities for our students to participate in responsible teamwork situations that will help them to develop professional attitudes and ethics. I hope you enjoy visiting this site.
Departmental Mission Statement: The mission of the Department of Industrial Systems and Technology is to provide a nationally accredited program, which serves the technical, managerial, and communication needs of persons desiring to enter or advance professionally in an industrial technology related career. The JSU Technology Program will:
- Prepare our graduates to meet employer expectations for competent professional, and ethical practice.
- Prepare our graduates to pursue advanced studies in the areas of technology or other fields.
- Prepare our graduates to adopt and continuously practice life-long learning and continuing education.
- More than 90% of JSU technology graduates find Industrial Technology/Applied Engineering Careers.
- Our students are employed at industries and entities such as Engineering Research and Development Center, Vicksburg, MS; Nissan, Canton, MS; Eaton Aerospace, Jackson, MS; Exelon Corporation, Jackson, MS; Redstone Arsenal Army Base, Huntsville, AL, American Axel Manufacturing, Detroit, MI; Accenture, Houston, TX; Field Locate, Dallas, TX; Boeing; and other industries throughout the U.S.
- Average Applied Industrial Technologies salaries for job postings nationwide are 21% higher than average salaries for all job postings nationwide (www.indeed.com).
- JSU Industrial Technology students’ earned salaries may meet the national average, ranging between $50,800 and $81,500 for an Industrial Technology graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree (http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2014/majors-that-pay-you-back).
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.