Tuition and Fees

Where should I send payments?

Payments should be mailed to the Business Office, P.O. Box 17159 Jackson , MS 39217.

If I withdraw from the university will I owe any money?

 Withdrawals before the first day of classes will result in no tuition charges for that semester, but there may be prorated charges for room and board along with any monies spent from the Supercard voucher, if applicable. Withdrawals beginning on the first day of class, and thereafter, will result in prorated tuition charges for that semester, in addition to prorated charges within the deadlines for room and board, Supercard, etc.

 The JSU Class Schedule Booklet lists the dates for prorated charges. The deadline dates are listed under the title "Jackson State University Refund Policy." If you have received Federal Financial Aid (grants and student loans) and plan to withdraw, please read the section titled "Return of Title IV Federal Financial Aid" especially if you have already received a refund. This valuable information should be read and considered when making a decision to withdraw from the university. 

What is Completing Registration?

“Completing Registration” is the phrase used to describe the Business Office acknowledgement/verification of how fees are to be paid for the current semester.  Once payment is made, financial aid is awarded, or a payment plan is established, The Business Office will “accept” the charges and payments for the current semester which in turn protects the student’s classes from being purged.

There are three ways to “Complete Registration” with the Business Office

  1. Automatic Registration Complete process occurs when a student has selected his or her classes (along with housing and meal plan), the system will review all eligible accepted financial aid that has been awarded for the current term and if the remaining balance is less than $200, the students’ registration will be completed automatically.
  2. Enroll in the payment plan via online or in person with a  Business Office Counselor.The payment plan is based on the balance due divided into four (4) installments.  The initial installment plus $100 (the deferment fee) is required to complete registration.  The remaining three (3) installments are due on the 1st or 15th of the remaining months. 

How does the Supercard Voucher work?

At the start of each semester, Jackson State University allows students with financial aid who are scheduled to receive a refund to place money on their JSU I.D./Supercard for the purpose of purchasing books and supplies, and use the Supercard at vendors on/off-campus Since JSU will not receive this money until the established disbursement date, there is a limit of $1,000 per semester. Supercard refunds are processed beginning the last three weeks of the semester. The student must first make the request at the JSU ID Center, then present the paperwork from the ID Center to the Business Office to process the refund to the student’s account. 

Am I allowed to change my mailing address?

Yes. You can log onto JSU P.A.W.S and update addresses under Personal Information. 

If I don’t complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form, to what address will my refund check be mailed?

Refund checks are sent in the following order to:

1st     Mailing address
2nd     Billing address
3rd     Permanent address 

Why do I need to complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form?

You should complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form  because the student will receive the immediate access to funds and eliminates the possibilities of lost of stolen checks. 

Who is my Business Office Counselor?

Business Office Counselors are available to assist you between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M – F

Contact the Business Office at 601-979-2216

User Tiger Queue to get in line to see a counselor.

1. Text: jackson state univ to 662-233-6473

2. Use JSU mobile app and click Tiger Queue


Am I entitled to a refund?

You may be entitled to a refund if your account has a credit balance. You can use the internet to find out by logging onto JSU P.A.W.S, enter ID and PIN, select Student & Financial Aid, select Student Records, select Account Summary to check on your account. If your account has a credit balance, contact your Business Office Counselor. 

What is the refund process?

Once the Financial Aid Department has applied monies to your account, the Business Office applies any unused aid to your account in the form of a credit. The Business Office has 14 days to apply the refund to your account, however, the estimated time between the application of the refund and you receiving your check or direct deposit will vary. The Business Office will not 'hold'a check for students. The checks are disbursed via postal mail or via direct deposit to a checking account. We recommend submitting a Direct Deposit Authorization Form to the cashiers in the Business Office to ensure that you receive your refund sooner. 

How much are Tuition and Fees?