Transfer Method Description
1. Completed your Associate of Arts degree with at least a 2.0 GPA.
2. Complete the 30 hours of required coursework with at least a 2.0 GPA but did not complete the Associates Degree *See 30 Hours listed below
3. Did not complete the Associates Degree, and did not complete the 30 hours of required coursework with at least a 2.0 GPA
1. Application for Admission Community College Transcript.
2. Application for Admission Community College Transcript.
3. Application for Admission
High School Transcript
Transcripts from all institutions
ACT or SAT test score
30 Hours of transferable credit consisting of the following
- English Composition I & II
- College Algebra or Higher Math
- 6 Hours of Natural Science (Example: Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science)
- 9 Hours of humanities and Fine Arts (Example: History, Philosophy, Religion, World Literature, Art or Music Appreciation)
- 6 Hours of Social or Behavioral Science (Example: Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Political Science)
2 Steps for Admissions
1. Apply for admissions. Visit www.jsums.edu. Complete the application online or download a hard copy and send completed application to:
Jackson State University
P.O. Box 17330
Jackson, MS 39217
2. Send documents required to Undergraduate Admissions address above.