Jackson State University is pleased to offer, for a limited time only, financial assistance to current JSU students who will be attending JSU Summer Session 2021. This opportunity is available to current undergraduate and graduate students who completed coursework at JSU during the Spring 2021 semester.
Funding is provided through federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds, or HEERF, which was established in March 2020 as part of the $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, approved by Congress.
In January, the U.S. Department of Education announced an additional $21.2 billion would be made available to higher education institutions to ensure learning continues for students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible for this grant?
· Current JSU students (must have been enrolled and completed coursework during the Spring 2021 semester)
· Graduate and Undergraduate students in traditional academic programs (JSUOnline in ineligble)
· Face-to-Face classes, seminars and lab courses (thesis and dissertation courses are ineligible)
· Must be a US Resident
What does this grant cover?
· Tuition for six credit hours in Face-to-Face classes, seminars or lab courses.
· Tuition and mandatory fees
· Housing and Meals are not covered
How do I sign up?
· Click the Apply link below and register with your NETID
· Register for Summer 2021 classes (six hours required)
· Complete Summer School 2021 Questionnaire
When is the Deadline?
· Completed questionnaires must be received by May 26, 2021