What is non-degree seeking status?

JSU Websites > Division of Graduate Studies > Admission Information > What is non-degree seeking status?

Students may be granted special admission to earn certification, update professional skills, earn transfer credit, or to attend a workshop. Only selected graduate courses are available. Applicants for non-degree status file only:

1.     Application for Admission and Non-degree Enrollment Forms.
2.    Transcript(s) direct from college(s) to the Graduate Admission Office with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 at the undergraduate level (on 4.0 scale).

Non-degree students who may wish to earn a degree at a later date must meet all admissions (regular or conditional) criteria as listed above and have a 3.00 average for any graduate courses completed as a non-degree seeking student.

Students previously registered as non-degree students in the Division of Graduate Studies should note that work taken in this category is treated as transfer credit if the student is later admitted to a degree program.  A maximum of twelve (12) semester hours may be transferred to a graduate degree program from non-degree status subject to approval by the department chairperson and the Dean of the Graduate School.

Posted in: Admission Information