What is required when sending my international transcripts?

JSU Websites > Division of Graduate Studies > International Academic Credentials (Transcripts) > What is required when sending my international transcripts?

Send international transcripts with degree statement, including date of graduation and title of academic degree awarded. All coursework with grades issued for each year completed must be submitted for proper evaluation. All international records are considered official if they have been certified or attested and must be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and the documents must be translated by a university, a government official, or an official translation service. You cannot do your own translation. 

The Graduate School accepts the following documentation of international credentials and degree certificates:

  • Original academic credentials issued by the registrar of the institution attended, bearing the original raised or colored seal of the institution and the signature of your institution's registrar or academic official.
  • Photocopies of academic credentials that have been certified by a recognized international education organization—such as the U.S. Educational Foundation, AMIDEAST, LASPAU, the Institute for International Education-(IIE), Education USA, U.S. Educational Foundation in India (USEFI), Fulbright agency or American Translators Association located in the U.S. (Note: Faxed or photocopies certified by a U.S. notary public are not official.)

In some circumstances, we will accept exact copies duly certified as such by the Registrar of a regionally accredited institution in the United States previously attended by the applicant. Such copies must be sent directly from the U.S. institution in a sealed envelope.

Posted in: International Academic Credentials (Transcripts)