Living on campus can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Our Housing and Residence Life Program offers a variety of programs to meet students’ needs. We encourage you to participate in the Residence Hall Association and become involved in all of the activities offered by Housing and Residence Life.
As a citizen of our residential community, you have the convenience of living close to classes, the library, laundry facilities, tutors, computer labs, and the student health center. Living on campus also offers a helpful and supportive staff, a secure environment, academic support, leadership development, and employment opportunities.
We are a diverse living-learning community comprised of traditional residence halls and suites. We are ready to assist you in making your experience at Jackson State University a rewarding experience.
Summer 2022 Application Dates
March 28, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – May 16, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
Fall 2022 Application Dates
Returning Students: Closed
New & Transfer Students: March 28, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – June 30, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT HOUSING INFORMATION
Due to an increased demand for housing, we regret to inform you that there are currently no available female spaces for the Fall 2022 semester. Please do not pay the $100 non-refundable housing application fee. Payments will not guarantee your assignment. Final notices regarding housing assignments will be emailed by July 15, 2022.
If you are interested in housing for the upcoming semester, you may complete the housing application. We will contact eligible students via JSU email to make the required payment if space becomes available. All students will have 24 hours to accept or decline the available assignment. Thank you for your understanding.
Housing & Residence Life is establishing a carefully organized move-in process spread out over several days to follow public health safety guidelines. In order to provide a socially-distanced and efficient Move-In experience, please review the following updates:
- Per University guidelines, all students and their guests will be required to provide negative Covid-19 PCR test results dated within 3-5 days of your move-in date Students will not be allowed to move in without receiving a health clearance upon arrival to campus.
- Limited assistance will be available. Bring your own dolly/hand truck to assist with your move-in.
- We encourage you to limit the number of people helping you to two (2) Move-In assistants. Please do not bring anyone with you who may be sick or considered at risk.
- Per local and University guidelines, all individuals will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the move-in process.
- Please consider reducing the number of personal belongings you bring with you to campus. Doing so will help ensure you have a quick and easy unloading process.