Living on campus can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Our Housing and Residence Life Program offers a variety of programs to meet students’ needs. We encourage you to participate in the Residence Hall Association and become involved in all of the activities offered by Housing and Residence Life.
As a citizen of our residential community, you have the convenience of living close to classes, the library, laundry facilities, tutors, computer labs, and the student health center. Living on campus also offers a helpful and supportive staff, a secure environment, academic support, leadership development, and employment opportunities.
We are a diverse living-learning community comprised of traditional residence halls and suites. We are ready to assist you in making your experience at Jackson State University a rewarding experience.
Fall 2021 Application Dates
The housing application portal is now closed. If you are interested in staying on campus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing & Residence Life is establishing a carefully organized move-in process spread out over several days to follow public health safety guidelines. In order to provide a socially-distanced and efficient Move-In experience, please review the following updates:
- Per University guidelines, all students and their guests will be required to provide negative Covid-19 test results dated at least 72 hours prior to your move-in date or proof of full vaccination (Moderna/Pfizer: Two Shots, Johnson & Johnson: One Shot). Students will not be allowed to move in without receiving a health clearance upon arrival to campus.
- Limited assistance will be available. Bring your own dolly/hand truck to assist with your move-in.
- We encourage you to limit the number of people helping you to two (2) Move-In assistants. Please do not bring anyone with you who may be sick or considered at risk.
- Per local and University guidelines, all individuals will be required to wear a mask for the duration of the move-in process.
- Please consider reducing the number of personal belongings you bring with you to campus. Doing so will help ensure you have a quick and easy unloading process.