Let’s Talk


State Authorization for Distance Education

Jackson State University participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), which is a voluntary agreement among its member states and U.S. territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance-education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

Distance Education Complaint Process for JSU's Out-of-State Students

Students enrolled at Jackson State University may register a concern or complaint about any academic regulation, the instructional program, delivery of the program, grades received, the academic advisement system, or any other matter related to academic affairs, without any adverse action for expressing the concern or filing the complaint. Concerns and complaints will be received, explored or investigated, and responded to in a fair and timely fashion, though students should understand that the final response by the University might not always be the response they prefer. The Academic Grievance Procedures are available on the JSUOnline website or the JSU Student Handbook.

If the student has exhausted all available internal grievance procedures established by JSU and remain unsatisfied, he/she may file a complaint with the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation using the MCCA Student Complaint Form.

Students may also file a complaint with the state/territory of residence in which you reside. Please click on your state below for information on filing a complaint.

Alabama Illinois Montana Rhode Island
Alaska Indiana Nebraska South Carolina
Arizona Iowa Nevada South Dakota
Arkansas Kansas New Hampshire Tennessee
California Kentucky New Jersey Texas
Colorado Louisiana New Mexico Utah
Connecticut Maine New York Vermont
Delaware Maryland North Carolina Virginia
District of Columbia Massachusetts North Dakota Washington
Florida Michigan Ohio West Virginia
Georgia Minnesota Oklahoma Wisconsin
Hawaii Mississippi Oregon Wyoming
Idaho Missouri Pennsylvania