Dr. Carlos Wilson, Associate Dean of the Division of Graduate Studies – Cohort 7

JSU Websites > Executive PhD in Urban Higher Education | Jackson State University > Alumni News > Dr. Carlos Wilson, Associate Dean of the Division of Graduate Studies – Cohort 7

Photo detail

Dr. Carlos Wilson, former director and associate professor for the School of Lifelong Learning at Jackson State University, has been promoted to Associate Dean of the Division of Graduate Studies.

Wilson was born in Brookhaven, Miss., and graduated from Brookhaven High School before enrolling at JSU. He received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics in 2004 and a master’s degree in teaching mathematics in 2006, and later received a doctorate in Urban Higher Education the the Executive Ph.D. Program from Jackson State University in 2012.

“I long had a strong interest in mathematics and engineering, but I also picked up a love for teaching from my mother, Mary Hellen Wilson, who worked as an educator, teacher and librarian for Brookhaven Public Schools for more than 20 years,” Wilson says. “When I started my master’s program at JSU and began interning for the School of Lifelong Learning, I got to see firsthand the impact of the work the department was doing. When a staff assistant position opened up while I was there, I knew it was what I wanted to do.”

Congratulation Dr. Carlos Wilson.