Alpha Sigma Lamda National Honor Society
Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society acknowledges the scholarship of nontraditional students continuing their higher education. The Society was established during 1945-46 to honor superior scholarship and leadership in adult students.
For the nontraditional student, the Society stands as an inspiration for continuing scholastic growth, a builder of pride through recognition, and an invitation to associate with similarly motivated students. To this day Alpha Sigma Lambda is not only the oldest but also largest chapter-based honor society for full- & part-time adult students.
The Alpha Sigma Lambda membership brings the camaraderie and prestige of America’s only chapter-based honor society for nontraditional students. The benefits of membership include:
- Receiving recognition for your achievements as an adult student at the Honor’s Convocation at the University.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Being able to put membership of ASL on your resume.
- Recognition of academic performance.
- Participation in service activities.
- Interaction with other students with similar interest.
- Receiving membership certificate, card, and lapel pin
Membership Criteria: Students interested in attaining membership in the Xi Mu chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society must attend Jackson State University. Membership is strictly by invitation to the chapter. Currently, membership is limited to undergraduate students seeking their first degree, with GPA 3.2 or above. For more information, contact: Dr. Gloria Smith at (601) 979-8724 or email@example.com