Regardless of a students’ religious background, Young Life College offers a fun, accepting community to be a part of while exploring or deepening their faith. As caring adults venture with them, college students are nurtured, guided and encouraged to become young adults who are committed followers of Jesus Christ.
College students can also be great Young Life leaders for middle and high school students. Most areas are eager to train and include college students as valuable members of their Young Life teams.
Mission: Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We accomplish our mission by …
· Praying for young people.
· Going where kids are.
· Building personal relationships with them.
· Winning the right to be heard.
· Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous and life-changing.
· Sharing our lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ with adolescents.
· Inviting them to personally respond to this Good News.
· Loving them regardless of their response.
· Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ and the knowledge of God’s Word and become people who can share their faith with others.
· Helping young people develop the skills, assets, and attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
· Encouraging kids to live connected to the Body of Christ by being an active member of a local congregation.
· Working with a team of like-minded individuals — volunteer leaders, committee members, donors, and staff.
President– Diamond Dortch,
Vice President– Chris Wilks,
Secretary– Cynthie Tidueu,
Assistant Secretary– Sharita Wright,
Mr. Young Life- Jonathan Tugle,
Miss. Young Life– Brandi Martin,
SGA Representative– Brye Wilsc and Natatie White
Dr. Loria Gordon, Associate Dean, W.E.B Du Bois Honors College
Venetia Miller, Academic Advisor, W.E.B Du Bois Honors College
C.F. Moore Building, Room 105, 601-979-2107,
P.O. Box 17004, Jackson, MS 39217
How to Join: Just show up to one of our weekly meetings to hear about Young Life!
Young Life Volunteer: College students make great Young Life leaders, and most Young Life areas are eager to nurture, train and include college students on their Young Life teams. Young Life volunteer leaders participate in a full range of activities that help them build these significant relationships with kids. If you’re a college student interested in being involved in Young Life in this way, use the Locator to contact the Young Life office near you. Learn more about becoming a Young Life leader.
Young Life College: Young Life also has a growing presence on college campuses for those students who are at a different place on their faith journey. It’s called Young Life College. Regardless of where students are in their religious beliefs, Young Life College offers them a community to be a part of where they can enjoy college and be loved for who they are. As caring adults venture with them, college students are nurtured, guided and encouraged to become young adults who are committed followers of Jesus Christ.