Music scholarships are awarded to high school graduates who show special talent in instrumental, vocal, and keyboard areas and who desire to major in Music or Music Education at Jackson State University. Partial scholarships are also available for students who participate in the band, choir, and orchestra. Applicants for these scholarships must be recommended by the high school principal or a member of the school faculty and must be auditioned by a representative of the University from the department in which they are seeking scholarship assistance. For more information contact the Music Department at 601-979-2141, or contact the ensemble director for assistance.
To complete the application process you must schedule an on-campus audition with the appropriate music faculty.
Auditions and Scheduling Auditions:
· Mr. Lowell Hollinger, email@example.com, 601-979-7065
· Dr. Patrick Rettger, firstname.lastname@example.org, 601-979-1057
• Mr. Rodney Vaughn, email@example.com, 601-979-2891
• Dr. Loretta Galbreath, firstname.lastname@example.org, 601-979-2887
• Mrs. Phyllis Lewis – Hale, email@example.com, 601-979- 2984
• Dr. Alfred Duckett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 601-979-2886
· Ms. Shawn Leopard, 601-979-2589
· Mr. Harlan Zackery, email@example.com, 601-979-2882
To schedule an audition and for additional information for Winds, Percussion and to be a participant in the Sonic Boom of the South’s Marching Band, University Choir, Orchestra, Jazz Band and Choir, contact the JSU Music Department’s Principal Recruiter, O’Neill Sanford via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at (601-979-2578).