* The offices in the Division of Institutional Advancement will be closed for the Christmas holiday from Wednesday, December 24, 2014 through Friday, January 2, 2015. If you would like to make a contribution during this time, please visit our website, http://www.jsums.edu/giveonline/, to contribute via credit card.
In order to receive tax credit for the calendar year of 2014, all credit card contributions must be received by 11:59 pm on December 31, 2014. If you would like to make a stock contribution, please call 336.307.9363. As always, thank you for your continuous support of Jackson State University.
Welcome to Advancement Services
At Jackson State University, we recognize that developing and maintaining relationships with alumni is essential. Advancement Services helps foster these relationships by supporting the operations of Alumni & Constituency Relations, University Development, and University Communications. In addition, the department oversees the university's alumni and donor database, with the responsibilities of processing gifts, conducting prospect research regarding potential gift opportunities, and building relationships with our constituents. Advancement Services duties include:
Maintaining gift financial records;
- Conducting donor/prospect research;
- Receipting corporate and individual private gifts according to IRS regulations and CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) standards
- Administering the corporate matching gifts program;
- Updating and verifying alumni records;
- Managing the donor prospect tracking system;
- Planning and managing stewardship events/initiatives;
Director of Advancement Services