Students, alumni and friends of Jackson State University have an opportunity to leave behind a permanent mark on the university’s campus. Through a gift to the Excellence Fund, your name or message of your choosing can be inscribed on a legacy brick located on the Gibbs-Green Pedestrian Walkway.
The most popular choice is to engrave a brick with your name, major and class year, but many other opportunities exist.
- Memorialize a loved one,
- List a club, sport, or organization of which you were a part
- Recognize a family member, or
Pay tribute to an influential faculty member.
Legacy Bricks are also an excellent way for parents to recognize and reward the hard work of your graduate. In fact, they make the perfect graduation gift!
Legacy bricks are available in three sizes.
- Supporter 4” x 8” bricks are available for a $125 gift. The brick may be engraved with three lines of up to 16 characters per line. Currently enrolled students may secure a brick of this size at a reduced price of $50. Limit 1 discounted brick per student.
- Benefactor 6” x 9” bricks are available for donations of $500 or more. The pavers are best suited for an engraving of no more than four lines of up to 18 characters per line.
- Patron 12”x12” bricks are available for a $1,000 gift. The brick may be engraved with six lines of up to 22 characters per line.
- Corporate 12”x12” bricks with a logo are available for a donation of $1,500. The brick may be engraved with six lines of up to 18 characters per line.
Bricks are installed twice a year — in preparation for commencement in the spring and Homecoming in the fall. All gifts are designated for the Legacy Bricks program are tax-deductible and will benefit the Excellence Fund.
Alumni, students, parents and friends interested in purchasing a legacy brick may contact Alumni and Constituency Relations at 601-979-2281.