These are key environmental factors affecting giving and the endowment over which JSU and JSUDF have little or no control:
1.Economic conditions and indicators that affect giving and investment returns.
2. Nationwide shift in giving patterns.
3. Changes in tax laws and other regulations, which serve as incentives or deterrents for giving.
4. Financial and other pressures on Jackson State University that will further increase the importance of philanthropy.
5. Expectations of the IMississippi Commission on Higher Education and the State of Mississippi for higher education institutions, including Jackson State University, that will influence not only resource decisions but also philanthropic priorities.
6. Demographic changes in the donor and prospective donor populations.
7. Social and cultural shifts, especially related to giving patterns and access to donors.
8. Mississippi’s economic and demographic outlook, which could impact higher education and philanthropic priorities.