To complete the TEP and apply for an initial license in Mississippi, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required TEP coursework, including the Student Teaching semester.
- Complete all major requirements in the major of the license sought.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher (Fall 2012 freshmen students must maintain a 2.75 overall GPA).
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the major of the license sought (Fall 2012 freshman students must maintain a 2.75 overall GPA).
- Earn at least a C in all required TEP courses.
- If you plan to apply for an add-on license, you must complete and document at least 21 additional hours in the subject of the add-on.
- Pass the Mississippi Educator Licensure Exams (Praxis I and II).
To apply for certification, applicants must provide official transcripts and test scores to the certification officer located in the College of Education and Human Development. All official documents submitted will be forwarded to the MS Department of Education-Educator Licensure Office.