Department of Criminal Justice and Sociology
College of Liberal Arts
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The department seeks to develop competent social scientists and teachers while preparing students for careers
in various professions. Our programs also provide students with the education needed to pursue
graduate work in criminology, criminal justice, and sociology as well as other disciplines.
LEARN BY DOING
Students will be provided with information and skills needed for employment in a variety of
public and private service agencies related to society.
“Challenging Minds, Changing Lives.”
APPLY YOUR KNOWLEDGE
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (B.S. Criminal Justice)
• Students will be able to determine and apply appropriate criminological perspectives to
• Students will be able to review and analyze various types of research related to criminal
• Students will be able to describe in detail the process of a criminal trial.
• Students will be able to examine, analyze, and question the presentation of facts to
determine the reality of a situation.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (B.A. Sociology)
• Students will be able to apply and summarize social issues using sociological theories.
• Students will be able to compare and contrast competing explanations of social reality.
• Students will be able to design and conduct social science research effectively.
• Students will able to find and use sociological solutions for global issues.
Criminal Justice majors have a plethora of career options:
|U.S. Marshal||FBI Agent||CIA Agent||Private Detective|
|Bank representative||Human resources manager||Consumer relations specialist||Market analyst|
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979- 8274. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.