Department of Business Administration
College of Business
We are a diverse community of faculty and staff with a strong commitment to creating a transformative learning environment that prepares students to reach their potential personally and professionally.
Our AACSB accredited undergraduate degree programs include Business Administration, Economics, Management, Marketing, and Supply Chain. Non-business majors across campus can also choose a Business Administration and Marketing minor. In addition, we offer a Master of Business Administration degree and a Ph.D. in Business Administration, with concentrations in Management, Economics, and Accounting.
Learn To Thrive
The mission of the undergraduate majors in the Department of Business Administration is to produce students equipped with skills necessary to understand how the business environment works, and how to apply this knowledge and skill to tackle practical business problems that arise and exist in the real world. The department is committed to high standards, and high levels of achievements for its students, in line with its maintenance of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) international accreditation, of the College of Business.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a solid foundation in applying the financial principles of the
time value of money.
- Students will be able to evaluate a large and complex business problem, make some assumptions, structure the firm’s’ cash flows and make a decision.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge and application of various investment instruments
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of risk and returns in evaluation of portfolios performance
- Students will be able to demonstrate how international business activities influence financial decisions.
- Students will develop and demonstrate oral and written communication skills with focus on effectiveness, clarity, and sophistication
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the processes involved in ethical decision making in personal, professional, and civic life.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of the global economy.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competency with utilizing information technology.
- Students will be able to develop and strengthen critical thinking skills in conjunction with quantitative analysis
- Students will develop an aware of multiculturalism and diversity understanding
- Students will further demonstrate mastery of basic knowledge concerning the importance of cultural values and diversity and the impact these factors have on business organizations
- Students will demonstrate a clear understanding of knowledge of different cultures as they relate to diversity
- Students will develop an awareness to recognize the dynamics of the global markets and its impact on a global economy
- Students will further demonstrate an understanding of the process of making business recommendations after reviewing external and internal industry information.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to explain how various economic and market outcomes exists and how businesses respond to those nuances.
- Students will demonstrate a competency with utilizing information technology
- Students will demonstrate a competency regarding business productivity software
- Students will demonstrate competency concerning the techniques used in the collection, presentation, manipulation and interpretation of numerical data.
What To Expect
READY TO JOIN?
For more information, please contact us at (601) 979-2531. We look forward to meeting with you and seeing how our program can help you achieve your goals.