The Department of Purchasing and Travel is the central authority for the procurement of commodities, equipment, and services to be used by any University department or agency. The procurement process for the University is in compliance with Section 31-7-13, Mississippi Code of 1972 Annotated, the state of Mississippi’s Procurement Manual, and with established University policies and procedures. In addition, the University’s travel process is in compliance with Section 25-3-41 of the Mississippi Code of 1972 Annotated and the Mississippi Department of Finance and Administration’s regulations.
The mission of the Purchasing and Travel Department is to provide and manage the most effective and efficient procurement processes and procedures for the acquisition of quality goods and services in support of the University’s mission and goals. Our primary consideration is to provide the best possible quality goods and services to our constituents’ at the most cost-effective rate.
Purchasing and Travel is “service oriented” to support campus buyers and users with the best procurement, negotiation, financial and informational resources; and to provide qualified suppliers, service providers, vendors with open and fair access to campus business.
The Purchasing and Travel department is responsible for:
1. Procuring all necessary materials needed for production or daily operation of the university;
2. Overseeing all of the vendors that supply the university with the items it needs to operate properly;
3. Expanding the scope of the purchasing function assuring that all departments are following purchasing policies and procedures in an effective manner
4. Administering the University’s travel program;
5. Evaluating all travel authorizations, advances, and expenses of employees to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations;
6. Evaluating and securing the mode of transportation of employees, students, and non-employees to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations;
7. Providing campus education and training relating to the policies, procedures, and automated systems operation.
PURCHASING AND TRAVEL STAFF
Purchasing and Travel Director
Phone: (601) 979-0978
Phone: (601) 979-0702
Phone: (601) 979-0689
Phone: (601) 979-0699