Begin With the End in Mind… (Stephen Covey)
The Staff Training & Professional Development Center (PDC) is dedicated to building the professional capacity of faculty and staff in order to achieve the mission of Jackson State University. The PDC accomplishes this goal through the provision of operational and professional development training aimed at building staff competencies as well as promoting staff leadership and advancement. The PDC’s trainings, workshops, and seminars are based on best practices recommended by Institutions of Higher Learning as well as lessons learned from University stakeholders.
The objective of the PDC is to increase the ability of JSU’s faculty and staff to execute job-related activities with professionalism, accountability, and excellence. Operational and professional development trainings are structured to provide employees the opportunity to engage in stimulating topic-centered dialogue while participating in interactive activities that enhance overall job performance. The PDC collaborates with leadership teams within departments to identify staff development needs and deliver customized on-site or web-based trainings based on the expertise of internal and external partners of the institution.
The PDC is funded by the Title III-B Strengthening Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program supported by the U. S. Department of Education. The purpose of the Title III-B Program is to provide financial assistance to establish or strengthen the physical plants, financial management, academic resources, and endowments of HBCU institutions so that they may continue to participate in fulfilling the goal of equality of education. The PDC is one of many initiatives supported by the federal government as part of a mission to ensure equal access to education and to promote educational excellence for all Americans. The Title III Administrative Office ensures that all funded administrative and academic activities are managed according to the College and U.S. Department of Education rules and regulations.
- Title III, Part B, Sections 321-327 of the Higher Education Act, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1060-1063c)
- Title III, Part F, Section 371 of the Higher Education Act, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1067q)
- 34 CFR Part 608
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), Parts 74, 75, 77, 79, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 97, 98, and 99
- JSU Division of Research and Federal Relations – www.jsums.edu/research/
- Title III Part B – Strengthening HBUCs Program – www2.ed.gov/programs/iduestitle3b/index.html
- Office of Postsecondary Education – www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/idues/index.html