Frequently Asked Questions

Accommodation Process

What steps should I follow to complete the application process?

Please visit our Application Process page.

I don’t have a printer. Can I send the accommodation form by mail?

Yes. Accommodation forms can be mailed. However, the University is not responsible for any delays caused by the delivery time. Accommodations do not go into effect until the campus Disability Services Office has received all of the completed required application forms.

Can I e-sign the accommodation forms and email them back to you?

Students may fax, scan and email, or mail back their forms. If you must complete the forms electronically, please contact a campus disability services advisor.

Where can I find the necessarily application forms?

Visit the Application Process page in the Disability Services section of the JSU website.

How do I locate my Disability Advisor?

Visit the Campus Disability Services Advisor Listing to locate the advisor for the campus you attend.

What accommodations am I eligible to receive?

Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact your campus disability services advisor to discuss what may be the most reasonable accommodations based on your specific limitations.

I am the caretaker for a disabled relative. Am I eligible for a disability accommodation?

No. The Disability Services Office can only accommodate a student for conditions that limit him/her due to his/her own diagnosis or treatment.

How can I learn more about ADA guidelines and what is considered a reasonable accommodation?

Complimentary information and materials are available by calling the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Information Line at 800.514.0301 (voice) or 800.514.0383 (TTY).