Summary Directions for the Online EPhD Application Process
** After submission of your online graduate application has been verified with the Graduate Division and you have been assigned a JNumber, you will be provided access to submitting an online application for the EPhD Program.
(You should prepare responses to items 4 and 5 before you begin this online process)
The Executive Ph.D. Program (EPhD) in Urban Higher Education is designed for experienced faculty, executives, middle/entry level managers and other institutional leaders in higher education and related human services agencies. The program prepares these professionals to respond effectively to the challenges posed by urban and metropolitan communities in a pluralistic society undergoing sustained social, economic and political change. Our program serves as a learning community to provide participants with a doctoral experience that is: (a) multi-disciplinary in format, (b) cohort based, (c) problem-centered, (4) time-bound, (d) fully engaged and immersed, and (e) integrative in nature.
The EPhD online application process will require you to submit the following documents:
- One page online application
- Skills and Interest Survey (Part I) (online response required)
- Skills and Interest Survey (Part 2) will require you to type your responses and upload the document.
- Statement of Purpose ~State how you believe the EPhD program will help you achieve your professional goals and research agenda, Include how your previous graduate work relates to urban higher education. Using the definition of “catalyst” as a person who acts for or on something indicate what type of civic or community experience you have in an urban environment (1500 words, font size 12).
- Proposed Research~ Include your general research interest and five references (2500 words, font size 12).
- Current Resume/Vitae
- References should come from three (3) professional persons who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional academic ability, job experiences, leadership potential and availability to participate in the program. A reference from the President or Chief Executive Officer will strengthen the application. Persons submitting references will need the applicant’s Jnumber, and submit the form to: email@example.com directly from the source (reference person). The link for the reference form is provided to the applicant.
- Statement of Authenticity ~You must certify that you have answered all of the questions completely and truthfully. You understand that misinterpretations and false information given as part of your personal statements and/or supporting credentials and documents may be cause for cancellation of further consideration for admission to or continuation in the Executive Ph.D. in Urban Higher Education at Jackson State University. You also understand that all credentials and documents that you submit become the property of Jackson State University.
REMINDER: “Submit satisfactory test score information for the GRE(https://www.prometric.
SPECIAL NOTE: This program is not structured to advance the career of persons in P-12 settings, nor is it structured to advance the career of persons attempting to transition to higher education without substantial experiences in higher education or closely related sectors.
(Should you have questions or if you encounter difficulty submitting your application, you may call 601-979-3743 (EPhD) or 601-979-1811 or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.)