Living on campus can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Our Housing and Residence Life Program offers a variety of programs to meet students’ needs. We encourage you to participate in the Residence Hall Association and become involved in all of the activities offered by Housing and Residence Life.
As a citizen of our residential community, you have the convenience of living close to classes, the library, laundry facilities, tutors, computer labs, and the student health center. Living on campus also offers a helpful and supportive staff, a secure environment, academic support, leadership development, and employment opportunities.
We are a diverse living-learning community comprised of traditional residence halls and suites. We are ready to assist you in making your experience at Jackson State University a rewarding experience.
For questions regarding living on campus, please contact us at 601.979.2326.
JSU Housing and Residence Life Team
- Residence Halls close the day of Commencement (April 29) at 12:00 pm. Click here for more information.
- The application for 2017-2018 Graduate Assistant opens on April 10, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. Click here for more information.
- The Summer 2017 and Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Academic Year applications open on March 1, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. Click here for more information.
- Returning students must complete the housing application by March 20, 2017. No applications will be accepted after this date.
- All new and transfer students must complete the housing application by July 3, 2017. The $100 non-refundable housing application processing fee must be paid by May 1, 2017, to ensure that your application is processed.
- The housing application will be available through the JSU PAWS account to incoming freshmen and transfer students after Friday, April 14, 2017.
- Freshman Move-In Day: Saturday, August 12, 2017, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Returning students Move-In Day: Friday, August 17, 2017. Residence Halls will open at 9:00 AM.
- Upper-class students will be housed in the following: Transitional (Females), Alexander East/West, Campbell College North (Males), Campbell College South (Females) and University Pointe (Males & Females). Please report to the designated hall found in your JSU P.A.W.S account.
- First-year students will be housed in the following: McAllister/Whiteside (Females), and Dixon (Males).
- The application for 2017-2018 community assistant opens on March 1, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. Click here for more information.
- If you wish to cancel your housing assignment, you may do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following statement: "I (insert first name, last name, and J Number) wish to cancel my housing for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 academic year.
- All cancellation requests must be in writing.
- Returning students are eligible to cancel housing assignments with no penalty if canceled before May 31, 2017. Any cancellations after May 31st are subject to a $750 cancellation fee.
- New and transfer students are eligible to cancel housing assignments with no penalty if canceled before July 3, 2017. Any cancellations after July 3rd are subject to a $750 cancellation fee.
- Please note that any housing assignment canceled after August 14, 2017, will be subjected to the entire cost of housing.