Living on campus can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Our Housing and Residence Life Program offers a variety of programs to meet students’ needs. We encourage you to participate in the Residence Hall Association and become involved in all of the activities offered by Housing and Residence Life.
As a citizen of our residential community, you have the convenience of living close to classes, the library, laundry facilities, tutors, computer labs, and the student health center. Living on campus also offers a helpful and supportive staff, a secure environment, academic support, leadership development, and employment opportunities.
We are a diverse living-learning community comprised of traditional residence halls and suites. We are ready to assist you in making your experience at Jackson State University a rewarding experience.
For questions regarding living on campus, please contact us at 601.979.2326.
JSU Housing and Residence Life Team
- Applications are accepted for Spring 2016 starting November 9, 2015.
- Priority deadline for Spring 2016 is December 11, 2015.
- First year students will be housed in the following: Alexander West (Females), McAllister/Whiteside (Females), Transitional Hall (Female) and Dixon Hall (Male).
- Upper class students will be housed in the following: Campbell College North (Males), Campbell College South (Females), Tiger Plaza (Male) and University Pointe (Male and Female).
- Alexander East will be renovated and will not be open during the 2015/2016 academic year.
- University Pointe Apartments will offer double occupancy bedroom apartments and single occupancy bedroom apartments.
- Main campus housing includes the following communities: University Pointe, Alexander West, Dixon Hall, Transitional Hall, Campbell College North, Campbell College South, and McAllister/Whiteside.