Living on campus can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Our Housing and Residence Life Program offers a variety of programs to meet students’ needs. We encourage you to participate in the Residence Hall Association and become involved in all of the activities offered by Housing and Residence Life.
As a citizen of our residential community, you have the convenience of living close to classes, the library, laundry facilities, tutors, computer labs, and the student health center. Living on campus also offers a helpful and supportive staff, a secure environment, academic support, leadership development, and employment opportunities.
We are a diverse living-learning community comprised of traditional residence halls and suites. We are ready to assist you in making your experience at Jackson State University a rewarding experience.
For questions regarding living on campus, please contact us at 601.979.2326.
JSU Housing and Residence Life Team
- Please note that the last day to cancel your Spring 2017 housing assignment without penalty is Friday, January 13, 2017.
- Any cancellation requests received after this date will incur a late cancellation charge of $750. All cancellation requests must be sent to email@example.com, and include your name, J# and reason for cancellation.
- Application for Spring 2017 is available online NOW. Click here for more information.
- Freshman Move-In Day: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Returning students Move-In Day: January 04, 2017 as well. Residence Halls will open at 9:00 AM. Click here for more information.
- First-year students will be housed in the following: A McAllister/Whiteside (Females), and Dixon (Males).
- Upper-class students will be housed in the following: Transitional (Females), Alexander West (Males) Campbell College North (Males), Campbell College South (Females), Tiger Plaza (Male) and University Pointe (Male and Female). Please report the designated hall found in your JSU P.A.W.S account.
- Alexander East will be renovated and will not be open Spring 2017.
- University Pointe Apartments will offer double occupancy bedroom apartments and single occupancy bedroom apartments.