DL 501: Introduction to Blackboard Learn 9
AIT Online Registration website.
Introduction to the design and delivery of online coursework comprises this course. Participants will gain the basic knowledge and experience necessary to either supplement an existing course or to design an entirely new course in Blackboard. After experiencing Blackboard from the students’ perspective and working with Blackboard communication tools, participants will learn to navigate a course in Blackboard.
Before Taking this Course
Course participants should have a working knowledge of basic computer operation and function and experience with Internet navigation.
- Develop a basic course structure in Blackboard.
- Add resources and content.
- Communicate with students.
- Perform basic student and course management functions.
- Navigate Blackboard effectively in both student and designer views.
- Use Blackboard tools and links to format a Blackboard course.
- Communicate with students using chat, virtual classroom, email, and discussions.
- Organize and manage course files.
- Add content to a course.
- Perform basic student management functions.
- Create and restore course backups.
- Brief overview of Blackboard
- Student perspective
- Designer view introduction
- File management
- Create homepage and content
- Manage students
- Course maintenance