The Bachelor of Science in Professional Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program is open to all adult learners who wish to study on a full-time or part-time basis. Students must meet all admissions requirements set forth by Jackson State University and the School of Lifelong Learning.
Students must submit the following to the School of Lifelong Learning to satisfy undergraduate admission requirements for the Professional Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program:
1. Pre-admission to the School of Lifelong Learning
- Completed Pre-admission Form
- Submission of an official high school transcript or the equivalent (GED)
2. Admission to Jackson State University
- Completed JSU official Undergraduate Admissions Application
- Official high school transcript showing graduation from a secondary school or the equivalent (GED)
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary studies
- Immunization record (if born after 1957)
- Copy of birth certificate
- ACT/SAT scores
3. Admission to the School of Lifelong Learning
- Admission to JSU
- Completed SLL application
- GPA of 2.0
4. Admission to the Professional Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program
- GPA 2.0
- Completion of UNIV 105, ENG 104, and ENG 105 with a grade of C or better.
In the Professional Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Program, a maximum of 30 semester credit hours may be granted for satisfactory performance on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) of the Educational Testing Service. Credits may also be awarded for prior successful post-secondary education at an accredited institution where a grade of C or better was earned.
Readmission is required for former students not enrolled during the previous semester. For more information, call 1-800-848-6817 or 601-979-2100 or log onto the website at http://www.jsums.edu/apply/