STEP 1 – ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY
Undergraduate Students (Location: 2nd Floor, B.F. Roberts Hall) (If you have already been admitted, proceed to Step #2)
Applying to Jackson State University Takes 3 easy steps:
- Submit an online application at http://www.jsums.edu/ by clicking the “Apply to JSU” link on the homepage. You may check the status of your application by calling (601) 979-0928.
- Request your high school to send an official transcript to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Request official ACT or SAT scores be sent to Undergraduate Admissions. We suggest that these scores come directly from the ACT or SAT. Jackson State University’s College Code for ACT is 2204 and SAT College Code is 1341.
Both transcript and test scores should be mailed to Undergraduate Admissions at the following address:
Jackson State UniversityUndergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 17330
Jackson, MS 39217
STEP 2 – ADVISEMENT AND COURSE SELECTION
(If classes already selected, proceed to Step #3)
- Freshmen, Sophomore & Undecided Undergraduate Students. (Location: Undergraduate Studies in the C.F. Moore Bldg.) (601)979-2127
- Transfer students w/ less than 60 earned hours (Location Undergraduate Studies in the C.F. Moore Bldg.) (601)979-2127
STEP 3 – FINANCIAL AID
- To view your award and Accept Your Loan Offer, go to www.jsums.edu and click on JSU PAWS.
- Log in using your User ID and PIN, then click on Financial Aid, next click on AWARD and select Award Year 13-14 and follow the instructions.
- If you have not applied for financial aid, you may apply on line at www.FAFSA.ed.gov (JSU School code: 002410)
- You may obtain Financial Aid assistance (if needed) from the Financial Aid Office located on the first floor in B.F. Roberts Halls. (601)979-2227
STEP 4 – HOUSING
Housing application, if needed (Location: Campbell College Suites-North) Click Here for Housing Application (601)979-2326
STEP 5 – FOOD SERVICE /MEAL PLANS
Food Service/meal plans, if needed (Location: 1st floor, New Student Center)
- If you would like to add or change your dining plan, please call 601-979-0441 or stop by the Student Services office next to the UPS Store, 1st floor, New Student Center.
- Additional fees may apply. Money can be added to your Super Card or Tiger Bucks account at any time.
STEP 6 – COMPLETING REGISTRATION
a. Accepting you loans (Complete Registration Instructions)
b. Payment Plan (Complete Registration Instructions) Not available for Intersession semesters
c. See a cashier to make a payment (Location: 2nd Floor, B.F. Roberts Hall) (601)979-2097 or make a payment online, if needed.
d. See a Student Accounts Receivable Counselor, if needed. (Location: 2nd Floor, B.F. Roberts Hall). (601)979-2216
e. Intersession students should contact a cashier or student accounts receivable counselor to complete registration.
STEP 7 – VEHICLE DETAIL
- Pay for Decal in the Business Office (Location: 2nd Floor, B.F. Roberts Hall).
- Provide current proof of insurance and License Plate Number. (Location: Public Safety Building)
- Pick-up decal (Location: Public Safety Building) (601)979-2580
STEP 8 – I.D. Card
ID Card photo and pick-up (new students) (Location: ID Center Building) (601)979-2407 or (601) 979-5807
STEP 9 – ADD CHARGES
Supercard/Book Voucher, Parking Decal etc. (Complete Registration Instructions)
Some students may needto see a Cashier. (601) 979-2097