Writing Across the Curriculum has been a focus of Jackson State University for decades. The WAC Leadership team, which is comprised of university faculty and academic leaders, works closely with the staff of the Richard Wright Center as advisors and advocates relative to its services and programs.
The objectives of the WAC Leadership team are as follows:
- To serve as an advisory group to the Richard Wright Center for the Written Word
- To improve the quality of writing at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- To advocate for resources to support faculty work to improve student writing competencies
- To ensure that each JSU student evidences writing competencies to sustain their academic and career success
- To stimulate and support writing collaborations within and across university disciplines
Membership on the WAC team is open to any interested member of the JSU faculty. For more information, please contact the executive director of the Richard Wright Center at email@example.com or 601.979.2245.