The mission of the JSU Blue Ambassadors organization is to share the True Blue Tiger Experience with prospective students, their families, and community members.
As proud Tigers, we will promote higher learning and develop long lasting relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the community, as we continue to Challenge Minds and Change Lives!
The purpose of this organization is to recruit first-time freshmen students to Jackson State University by:
- Assisting Undergraduate Recruitment and other University departments with campus events (i.e., organizing recruitment programs);
- Serving as tour guides through Undergraduate Recruitment;
- Travel with recruitment staff to assist with recruitment events
- Being a premier service organization on campus and in the community;
- Serving as student ambassadors for Jackson State University, and working with the University in different capacities assisting where is needed on campus.
You Are An Ambassador…
As a member of the JSU Blue Ambassadors, you are an ambassador for the university. You guide, direct, inform, and teach prospective students what to expect from campus life here at JSU. As a student leader on campus, you are in a position of great influence. With this influence comes a high level of responsibility to represent Jackson State University to the best of your ability under all circumstances.
As a member of the JSU Blue Ambassadors, you must maintain a 2.5 overall GPA and be an active (working) member of the organization. All GPA’s are checked immediately following the end of each semester. Any member who falls below a 2.5 overall GPA will have to take leave from the organization until the GPA returns to an overall 2.5 grade point average.
As a member you are required to participate in at least seventy-five percent of Blue Ambassador sponsored functions and seventy-five percent of the general meetings.
Blue Ambassador Officers Meeting Dates and Deadlines Membership Qualifications
Follow the @JSUBlueAmbassadors on Twitter and Instagram!