Skip to main content

Office Of The Registrar And Records

Transcript Request

The Office of the Registrar and Records provides official transcripts of permanent academic history for current and former Jackson State University students upon request. The request of records before Fall 1976 may take 7-10 business days to process and should be submitted with a paper transcript request form by mail or email to Requests completed by mail by should be sent to the Office of the Registrar and Records, P.O. 17125, Jackson, MS. 39217-0125. Please ensure the form is signed and includes payment. All transcript requests made online are processed using the National Student Clearinghouse within 3-5 business days. Please do not call the National Student Clearinghouse regarding your transcript inquiry. Transcripts are $10.00 per copy plus NSC processing fees. For assistance, please contact the office by phone at (601) 979-2804 or by email at (Please note that this email is for current/past JSU students. Undergraduate Admissions receive transcripts via and Graduate Admissions via

Order Transcripts via National Student Clearinghouse

For all orders processed through the National Student Clearinghouse:

You should have the name and address of the recipient when you begin your request. No refund will be issued for non-retrieval or incorrect email address. All financial obligations to the institution must be resolved before transcripts may be released.


  • Transcripts are not processed if the requestor has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. Orders will be processed when all obligations to Jackson State University have been met.
  • Partial transcripts can not be sent. A transcript is a record of your GPA, cumulative earned credits, all levels of coursework and grade history at JSU. The transcript also shows courses and examination credits from other institutions that have been accepted for transfer credit.
  • Transcripts are normally processed the next business day from the time in which your order has been received.
  • Once processed, transcript request cannot be altered or cancelled.
  • Orders placed around holidays or peak periods such as Commencement may take longer to process. Processing time does not reflect delivery time.
  • Transcripts are not mailed on any day the University or USPS is closed.


All Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) orders must be sent electronically by entering as the recipient on the order screen.

1. Hard-Copy Mail:


  • All transcripts are mailed via First Class USPS when mailed from the Registrar’s Office.
  • It is the responsibility of the requestor to ensure the correct mailing address is provided.
  • The University will not resend misaddressed orders free of charge. A new request and payment will be required.


2. Electronic (PDF) via NSC Transcripts:


  • The transcript download link expires 30 days after the order has been processed.
  • Printing is allowed but the word COPY will appear on the transcript. The PDF can not be downloaded, saved, forwarded or attached. To save your transcript, you must print, scan and save as a new document. However, the transcript is not official.
  • It is the responsibility of the requestor to ensure the recipient will/can accept an electronic transcript (PDF).
  • It is the responsibility of the requestor to ensure the recipients e-mail address is entered correctly.
  • Adobe Reader/Flash is required. No refund for non-retrieval or incorrect email address.


Processing Options:

1. Now: Transcript reflects current grades/classes as of date requested.

Currently enrolled classes will show as ‘In Progress’.

2. After Grades Are Posted: Transcript will print after current semester grades are posted.

3. After Degree is Awarded: Transcript will print after current semester degrees are confirmed.


  • It is the responsibility of the requestor to ensure the correct processing option has been provided.
  • Please check the Academic Calendar for current end of semester/conferral dates.
Live Chat

Office Of The Registrar And Records


Benjamin F. Roberts Building, 2nd Floor

Mailing Address

Jackson State University
Office of the Registrar and Records
1400 John R. Lynch Street
P.O. Box 17125
Jackson, MS 39217


1.866.THEEJSU (866.843.3578)