Q: How do I request a copy of my transcript?

The Office of the Registrar and Records only process requests for official transcripts. Current and former students can order an official transcript by visiting online portal.

Q: How much does a transcript cost and how long will it take to receive it?

All official transcripts cost $10.00 per copy and are processed within 3-5 business days upon receipt of the request.

Q: How do I change my name and/or address?

You can change or update your personal information such as your name or address by visiting and clicking the appropriate form for instructions.

Q: How do I complete an In-State Residency application?

Newly admitted students apply for In-State Residency through JSU Admissions ( and current students (22 and older) apply for In-State Residency through the Office of the Registrar. All supporting documents submitted (i.e. proof of domicile, voter registration, Mississippi employment, Mississippi utilities, etc.) must be dated at least one year prior to application.

Q: What is Degree Works and what can I use with it?

Degree Works is a Web-based tool for students to monitor their academic progress toward degree completion. Degree Works also allows currently enrolled students and their advisors to plan future academic coursework. With the Degree Works audit, currently enrolled students can review past, current, and “planned” coursework that provides information on completing outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor/concentration.

Q: How do I request verification of enrollment?

Verification of Enrollment Request forms can be submitted to the Office of the Registrar and Records via email at 

Q: What is a FERPA form?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that affords parents the right to have access to their children’s education records, the right to seek to have the records amended, and the right to have some control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from the education records. When a student turns 18 years old, or enters a postsecondary institution at any age, the rights under FERPA transfer from the parents to the student (“eligible student”). The FERPA statute is found at 20 U.S.C. § 1232g and the FERPA regulations are found at 34 CFR Part 99. By completing the FERPA form, the student grants specific individuals permission to specified records.



Q: How do I apply for graduation?

Students who have acquired the minimum number of credit hours to qualify for the graduation process will receive an email notification from the Office of the Registrar to contact their Advisor/Department to conduct a degree audit in order to receive a Graduation PIN # to access the Graduation Clearance System application for that semester. Graduating students must submit a graduation application for the semester they are completing degree requirements. If the student doesn’t meet requirements after the posting of final semester grades; they must apply for graduation again, the next semester and/or after meeting degree requirements.

Q: What name will appear on my diploma?

Your official name in your BANNER PAWS student record will appear on your diploma, unless otherwise indicated as your Diploma Name on your graduation clearance system application.

Q: Where will my diploma be mailed?

Your diploma will be mailed to the diploma mailing address entered on your graduation clearance application. If no address is entered, it will default to your permanent address listed in the student record system.

Q: When will my degree reflect on my transcript as awarded?

Your degree will be awarded and reflected on your official transcript after final grades are posted and reviewed and all University requirements are met.

Q: When will I receive my diploma?

After all undergraduate and graduate degrees are awarded, diplomas will be printed and mailed. The process of clearing students and printing diplomas usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. Diplomas are sent via certified mail through the United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S). Please click the Diploma Mailing Schedule for more information regarding the diploma mailing schedule.

Q: How do I order a replacement diploma?

To request a duplicate diploma, please submit the Duplicate Diploma Order Form via email to For payment options, please contact the Business Office by phone at (601) 979-2216. Replacement or duplicate diplomas can be purchased for a fee of $60 each.


Q: How can I register for classes?

You must contact your academic advisor to complete your schedule. Registration is conducted by Professional Advisors located in the University Academic Advisement Center on the 2nd Floor of the H.T. Sampson Library.

Q: How can I obtain an alternate PIN to add a class?

To add a class, undergraduate students must contact their Professional Advisor located in the University Academic Advisement Center on the 2nd Floor of the H.T. Sampson Library.

Graduate students must contact their respective departments.

Q: My classes were PURGED non-payment of fees and non-attendance. What does this mean?

Purge is when the university removes a student’s class schedule due to incomplete registration.

Q: Can I have my classes reinstated after they were PURGED for incomplete registration?

Students may have their courses reinstated, or restored to active status, per the university’s PURGE/REINSTATEMENT Schedule and Criteria for the affected academic term. For more information on the reinstatement processes after classes were PURGED, students must contact the Business Office via email at or by phone at 866-THEEJSU.

Q: How do I change my major?

Obtain and complete a change of major form with your Professional Academic Advisor located in the University Academic Advisement Center on the 2nd Floor of the H.T. Sampson Library.