The Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Computer Engineering Program are:
- To equip students with the necessary background and technical knowledge for successful careers in Computer Engineering.
- To produce graduates who are able to earn advanced degrees.
- To prepare students for professional success with clear communication ability, commitment to ethical and social responsibilities, diversity, lifelong learning, and teamwork
The Program Outcomes
The Computer Engineering program attempts to instill the following program outcomes in its graduates:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct scientific and engineering experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve Computer Engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of Computer Engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to analyze, design, and implement software solutions.