Information Technology offers the following training through the online self paced eTraining system. The system supports 24 hour access to full interactive Microsoft Office Professional training.
eTraining modules are available to all faculty and staff. To access, go to the
AIT Online Registration website to register. The following training modules are available. To view a syllabus click on any link below:
Training Courses Available:
Introduction to Microsoft Word- In this training, participants will be given an overview of the different features of Microsoft Word and . Participants will learn to use Microsoft Office Word to produce professional‐looking documents. Features included are typing, formatting, spell checking, document spacing, margins, page numbering and saving a Microsoft Word document. Click here to Register
Introduction to Microsoft Access- In this training session, participants will examine database concepts, and create and modify databases and their various objects using Microsoft Office Access. Electronic data can be efficiently managed by using databases. Exercises in this module will explore how information can be stored, linked, and managed using a database application such a Microsoft Office Access. Click here to Register
Introduction to Microsoft Excel- Introduces participants to the basic functions of Excel. Click here to Register
Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint- Participants will learn how to create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Functions covered in this session are the basics — how to create a slide, add content (text, graphics, objects and pictures) to present a slide show. Click here to Register
Features of the Online Training System:
- Main Menu: Move through hours of in-depth online training content quickly and easily.
- Labs: The courses feature interactive labs which provide a hands-on learning experience. The training environment allows users to interact with the software without leaving the CMS environment.
- Test: The test feature allows users to track their progress as they learn. Users can assess their proficiency at any time: before, during, or after completing a course. Results are saved for future reference. Tests are available for individual categories, as well as the entire course.
- Bookmarks: The training system tracks which topics the user completes. Each time the user returns to the system, they have the option of starting from the beginning or continuing where they left off.
- Controls: A progress bar illuminates as the user advance through exercises. (Move forward or back, repeat entire topics or just a section)
- Glossary: Use the online glossary to define terms. The "just-in-time" reference includes links to related information in the course.
- Exercises: Hands-on exercises, seamlessly integrated into the system, allows the user to practice using many software features. The system's interactive exercises provide step-by-step instruction, making the software modules easier to learn.
- Help: Online help is readily available. Click the ? icon for a 'user-friendly' explanation of any feature or function of the system.