The Department of Events has been previously known as Community Affairs and Events, Office of Accountability and Coordination, and the Office of Events and External Affairs. The department strives to provide high quality and exceptional customer service to university and external users of campus facilities by:
1. Assisting with the planning, coordinating, and managing of events
2. Scheduling/reserving facilities (Virtual/Web EMS)
3. Serving as a liaison between event planners and the university service providers (public safety, facilities and construction management, catering, university housing, IT, etc.).
4. Providing technical assistance in the areas of audio/visual and lighting
5. Acting as consultants to users of campus facilities with matters such as venue selection, advertising, marketing strategies, risk/liability management
6. Identifying and leveraging the university personnel and equipment